Wednesday 12 October 2011

Wednesday: ‘Bearfaced’ cheek!


Well, this is a pretty simple one, hence the relative brevity of the blog post. Today is Bring Your Teddy Bear to Work and School Day. Yep, seriously, I swear that daysoftheyear.com are purposefully trying to make me look like a total tool. Still, I can’t quit when I’ve already baked cornbread and temporarily come out the closet just for the sake of this project, so now it’s time for Teddy Potts to be treated to a day trip.

Teddy Potts was my childhood teddy bear; he’s now thirty years old and sits atop my wardrobe, gathering dust like a… dust-gathering thing… a feather duster maybe? Anyway, he sits up there, covered in my discarded skin flakes, obscured from view by various bits and bobs that have been bunged up near the ceiling out of sight, and has done since I moved into my house over five years ago. So it was actually rather sentimental and nostalgic, lifting him down from his corner and taking him to the office, not to mention quite bizarre.

Arriving at work, he peeked out of my bag for the first few hours before finding the courage to climb onto the desk and read a few emails. He got to see the workings of a marketing team, have a brew in the kitchen and even breathe in the many scents of the gents’ toilet. Come 5.15pm, having done his job, he joined me on the walk home via a salon for a haircut, all whilst hiding inside my satchel.

So that’s it really. He’s back on top of the wardrobe now, happy to gather another year’s dust until the next edition of this special day. But I’m sure he’s refreshed from this experience, or at the very least he’s had a good airing.


Check out #bringyourteddybeartoworkandschoolday on Twitter and see how others around the world are marking the occasion… although I doubt there’ll be many tweets, as it takes up 37 of the 140 allocated characters!

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter
Follow Days of the Year on Facebook and Twitter

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear.
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.
Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy,
was he?
Unknown author

No comments:

Post a Comment